Friday, April 30, 2010

Welcome Back to Work!

So I went back to work yesterday after being super sick since last Saturday night. Everything was so weird and I had missed so many days, it felt almost like I had started a new job. The phone lines were down, so we had to forward all our calls to our cell phones, and we have just started using a brand new computer system. I was a bit out of my element all day, exhausted from recent illness and trying to catch up. Somehow I made it to the end of the day; our last patient was on acupuncture and all I had to do was clean up a detox footbath and close up the office. When I went to drain the footbath, however, the pipe disconnected from the pump and proceeded to spray the entire front room of the office with gross water. Unfortunately, I happened to be bending over the pump when the pipe disconnected and was directly between it and the rest of the room. I was soaked, head to toe and front to back. It was such a ridiculous end to that day that Dr. Angelina and I couldn't stop laughing. We wiped up the floor and she let me go home (with several towels draped over my drivers seat). Thank goodness for hot showers. I'm just sorry I didn't take a picture of my sodden self to include for your viewing pleasure. I'm still getting used to this new-fangled blogging thing. But hey, two posts this week! I told you I was turning over a new leaf.

No comments: